Krishnamurti, Bohm – Breaking the Pattern of Ego-centred Activity
Breaking the Pattern of Ego-centred Activity
This very important work offers penetrating dialogues between the great spiritual leader and the renowned physicist that shed light on the fundamental nature of existence. Krishnamurti and David Bohm probe such questions as ‘why has humanity made thought so important in every aspect of life? How does one cleanse the mind of the ‘accumulation of time’ and break the ‘pattern of ego -centered activity’? The Ending of Time concludes by referring to the wrong turn humanity has taken, but does not see this as something from which there is no escape. There is an insistence that mankind can change fundamentally; but this requires going from one’s narrow and particular interests toward the general, and ultimately moving still deeper into that purity of compassion, love and intelligence that originates beyond thought, time, or even emptiness
The Ending of Time
This book has been prepared from Dialogues that took place between J. Krishnamurti and Professor David Bohm in America and in England between April and September, 1980. On certain occasions other people were present, and their occasional contributions to the discussions, unless otherwise stated, are attributed to ‘Questioner’ rather than to individuals by name.
- 1. The Roots of Psychological Conflict
- 2. Cleansing the Mind of the Accumulation of Time
- 3. Why Has Man Given Supreme Importance to Thought?
- 4. Breaking the Pattern of Ego-centred Activity
- 5. The Ground of Being, and the Mind of Man
- 6. Can Insight Bring About a Mutation of the Brain Cells?
- 7. Death Has Very Little Meaning
- 8. Can Insight be Awakened in Another?
- 9. Senility and the Brain Cells
- 10. Cosmic Order
- 11. The Liberation of Insight
- 12. The Intelligence of Love
- 13. The Ending of ‘Psychological’ Knowledge
- 14. The Mind in the Universe
- 15. Can Personal Problems be Solved, and Fragmentation End?